Salon International will return next year on the 12th, 13th and 14th October 2013, for three more days of stunning live shows, hundreds of top exhibitors and demonstrations of the latest products and services. As a member of the HBSA you can benefit from a 5% discount on exhibition space at Salon International. Additionally, upon request you can benefit from two complimentary tickets to the exhibition. Visit www.salonexhibitions.co.uk for more information.
HBSA supports Salon International
- The Pros and Cons of Self-Employment in the Hairdressing Sector October 24, 2020Now, over 57% of the hairdressing industry is freelance according to a survey conducted by the NHBF. Regarding the increase and what this means for the industry, Hilary Hall, NHBF former chief executive said: “The government is due to respond before the end of the year on the Review of Modern Working Practices which looked […]akesha
- What I Wish I Knew Before Going Freelance October 24, 2020Whether you’re thinking about going freelance, want to know how to become a successful freelance hairdresser, or you’ve recently made the jump, freelance senior hair stylist, Laura Dauncey Smith, shares everything she wish she could tell her former self as she made the move and tips on how to be successful freelance hairdresser. Dear Laura, […]eleanor
- #ChopTheVAT Campaign Launches Today! Here’s What You Need to Know October 23, 2020Today sees the launch of #ChopTheVAT – a campaign to ask the government to cut the VAT for hair salons from 20 percent down to 5 percent, as they have done for the hospitality industry. The British Beauty Council has joined forces with some of the UK’s leading hairdressers to campaign for a cut in […]charlottegw
- Legal and Business Advice for Freelance Hairdressers October 22, 2020Are you thinking about going freelance? Does being your own boss sound appealing? However appealing this might sound, there are certain legal and business arrangements that you will need to take into consideration before choosing to be a self-employed hairstylist. “Being self-employed can be a great choice to improve your work/life balance,” says NHF chief […]charlottegw
- The Pros and Cons of Self-Employment in the Hairdressing Sector October 24, 2020