Salon International will return next year on the 12th, 13th and 14th October 2013, for three more days of stunning live shows, hundreds of top exhibitors and demonstrations of the latest products and services. As a member of the HBSA you can benefit from a 5% discount on exhibition space at Salon International. Additionally, upon request you can benefit from two complimentary tickets to the exhibition. Visit www.salonexhibitions.co.uk for more information.
HBSA supports Salon International
- How to Stay Ahead in Business by Michael van Clarke August 22, 2019British Hairdressing Business Awards finalist Michael van Clarke recently spoke about the 10 principles of business success at a conference in Russia. Here he shares some of the content with HJ. Leading Russian supplier Estel invited Michael van Clarke to speak at its annual conference in Sochi, Russia in May. Michael spoke on the topic ‘How […]charlottegw
- Business Talk with Liz McKeon: The Psychology of Retail August 21, 2019Selling retail products in the salon is a technique that anyone can learn if you follow these basic principles, explains business expert Liz McKeon. Retail selling is quite simply an interaction between people. It is a profession and like all professions it requires skills and techniques that need to be learned and understood. There is […]laurahusband
- The Big Debate: Should You Add a Service Charge? August 18, 2019One salon owner and one business consultant discuss the pros and cons of adding a tip to a client’s bill at the end of their appointment. Jo Robertson, hair brand and business consultant, believes there should be a service charge. There are some salons in the UK who wouldn’t feel comfortable adding a service charge to their […]charlottegw
- UK Retailers Demand Rate Cuts to Save the High Street August 15, 2019More than 50 major retail chains on the UK high street are demanding rate cuts from the government to protect themselves from growing business rates and competition from online competitors. The retailers, which include Marks & Spencer, Harrods and Iceland have sent a letter to UK chancellor Sajid Javid to request urgent reform to the […]laurahusband
- How to Stay Ahead in Business by Michael van Clarke August 22, 2019